FAQ — Perfect Game Midwest Baseball
Still wondering what this all means? Not to worry — view FAQ’s below!
The Perfect Game Midwest team is here to walk you through this exciting new chapter.
Use the CONTACT button at the top of this page to reach out with any unanswered questions.
Welcome to PG Midwest!
Why is MSP partnering with Perfect Game?
GROW THE GAME. These three simple yet profound words are why Perfect Game (PG) and Midwest Sports Productions (MSP) are uniting as partners to lead the fastpitch and baseball communities into a new and exciting chapter. Through our combined expertise, resources and 50+ years of experience, we have the opportunity to impact our student-athletes, families, coaches and communities in ways that are bigger and better than ever before. We love the game, its athletes and their dreams. Through our impact, we will build a community that is centered on the student-athlete, gives back generously to local communities and stays laser focused on growing the game we love. We truly are better together.
Who is Perfect Game?
- Perfect Game (PG) started 25 years ago with one goal – grow the game of baseball by creating opportunities for student-athletes in the Midwest. Over the years, Perfect Game has grown into the premier platform for amateur baseball players that want to play college and professional baseball all across the nation. Through over 5,000 tournaments, showcases and events each year across the country, Perfect Game events have helped over 250,000+ college baseball commitments, 1,500+ Major League Baseball players, 85% of MLB draft picks, and 41 2019 MLB All-Stars. They are also experts in partnering with national media in addition to utilizing their own digital platforms including PerfectGame.org, PerfectGame.TV, three Sirius XM radio shows and PG Diamondkast live scoring and stats
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PRESS RELEASE!
Is the staff at MSP changing?
Nope! The leadership and staff at MSP will remain the same. We wouldn’t miss this journey for anything!
Will Perfect Game events be different than our previous events?
Yes and No. Perfect Game events will be the same in the sense that certain things like the tournament structure (pool play into bracket play, etc.) will look similar. Perfect Game events will be new in the sense that we have some incredibly exciting new opportunities with our 2021 schedule of events.
- NO SANCTIONING FEES FOR 2021 SEASON. There will be no sanctioning fees for teams that play in Perfect Game Midwest events for the entire 2021 season, through August 15, 2021, with the exception of high school baseball.
- UNIVERSAL INSURANCE. You can purchase Perfect Game insurance for your team HERE, but if you already have insurance, Perfect Game always accepts team insurance from any licensed provider.
- NO LODGING REQUIREMENT FOR MOST EVENTS. Perfect Game Midwest will not require lodging with the exception of select championship events.
- BOOK YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE YOUR WAY WITH THE CLICK OF A BUTTON. Perfect Game has partnered with Hotel Planner to assist with all your travel needs. The Hotel Planner system is just like the travel systems you have come to know and love while scheduling a vacation or maybe even a business trip. Quite simply, it’s a resource to help any team book their travel at rates they would expect, the hotels they desire and with an easy process to ensure the whole team travels together.
- REWARDS PROGRAM. We know that Perfect Game Midwest events involve the whole family, so we are excited to roll out our Rewards Program for your families! Stay tuned for more details!
Where can I view the schedule & register for events?
You can view the 2021 schedule & register by clicking here: https://perfectgamemidwest.org/baseballschedule
How do I sanction my team with Perfect Game? How Much?
- There will be no sanctioning fees for teams that play in Perfect Game Midwest events for the entire 2021 season, through August 15, 2021, with the exception of high school baseball.
- After Aug. 15, 2021, the cost to register each team is $60/year. That registration fee will cover your team for all Perfect Game events and will also allow each team to create its own team page, including individual player profiles.
Will prices for events change?
Our full schedule of events has events that are priced for team budgets at every age, ability, and commitment level. Prices for events will vary based on age, level, facilities, and additional event components. Events that feature things like live streaming, staff-run live scoring, and extra social media/scouting coverage will be higher price points because teams are receiving much more than a typical tournament. Events that are hosted at new turf complexes could also have slightly higher price points based on facility cost.
Does PG Midwest offer events to teams of all levels?
Yes! We offer a healthy amount of events for all ages and classifications ensuring everyone gets to be a part of the PG community.
Does Perfect Game provide team insurance?
You can purchase Perfect Game insurance for your team HERE, but if you already have insurance, Perfect Game always accepts team insurance from any licensed provider.
Please note: you must add Perfect Game, Inc. as additional insured on your insurance certificate in order for it to be accepted. Here is the info that needs to be added:
PERFECT GAME GROUP INC.
ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DBAS, AFFILIATES
850 Twixt Town Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
For questions, you can contact PG’s insurance provider directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Perfect Game have different rules than our previous events?
The vast majority of the rules will remain the same. Any changes/adjustments to the rules will be designed to grow the game and create the best opportunity for success for the teams and athletes.
CLICK HERE to view our PG Youth Baseball rules page.
How will we track team progression throughout the season?
- Perfect Game has developed an intricate scoring and ranking system that will be debuted this coming season.
- This system will be integral for teams at the end of the season when qualifying for various championship series and other exciting events.
- Not only will this system benefit teams on the field, there will be rewards in play for teams based on their points and rankings.
What are some exciting features Perfect Game will provide?
- PG DiamondKast
- PG DiamondKast is a cutting edge scoring and stat keeping app.
- It allows for:
- Live Play-By-Play
- Box Scores
- Pitching Velocities
- Player and Team Stats
- Top Leaderboards
- Perfect Game.TV
- Only streaming network devoted to amateur sports at the grassroots level
- In the near future, Perfect Game.TV will be the on-demand platform to every single PG contest at every level
- XM Sirius Radio
- 3 radio shows on Sirius XM
- MLB Roundtrip with Perfect Game Hosted by Darron Sutton
- Perfect Game College Baseball with Daron Sutton and Mike Roony
- Perfect Game College Softball with Daron Sutton and Amanda Freed
How will pitching be tracked?
Pitching will no longer be tracked by innings pitched, but by pitch count. There will be more specifics here to follow in the near future.
How will I know PG DiamondKast will be run at an event?
All RED events include DiamondKast. The event descriptions will clearly communicate if the event is Red or Blue.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Blue and Red Events.
Will you be running more High School Baseball events?
Yes! The same high school baseball events you’ve come to love from Perfect Game will now be in the Midwest.
What are the playing and roster rules for Perfect Game?
[CLICK HERE] to view PG Midwest Baseball Rules
What are the divisions/classifications with Perfect Game?
We will offer 8u-18u A/B/C for all levels of fastpitch, your team will always have a place to play with Perfect Game.
What is your refund policy?
You can view our full refund & cancellation policy here:
What is Perfect Game's Lodging Experience?
Perfect Game has partnered with Hotel Planner to assist with all your travel needs. The Hotel Planner system is just like the travel systems you have come to know and love while scheduling a vacation or maybe even a business trip. It’s a resource to help any team book their travel at rates they would expect, the hotels they desire and with an easy process to ensure the whole team travels together.
If you have any other lodging questions, please reach out to HotelPlanner directly at any time — HotelPlanner Customer Service number: 1 (888) 760-8759.
Will you have prepaid gate this year?
In 2021 we will offer some team-prepaid gate events, however most of our events will be cash gate. We know that Perfect Game Midwest games involve the whole family, so we are excited to roll out our Spectator Rewards Program for your families! Stay tuned for more details!
What is the PG Cares Foundation?
Perfect Game’s reach extends far beyond the ballpark. Through the creation of the PG Cares Foundation, PG has provided mentorship, guidance and support to youth from America’s underserved and at-risk communities. In similar fashion, MSP Love was founded to give players, coaches and fans an avenue to make a positive impact on their communities through donation drives, fundraisers and volunteer opportunities. Combining the efforts of both organizations under the PG Cares Foundation, children across the country will receive the hope and opportunity they need to achieve their dreams and create a brighter future.
Find out more about the PG Cares Foundation HERE
Who should I reach out to if I have future questions?
We will have the same staff on board as we did before, so if there is somebody in our office you’ve previously enjoyed to communicate directly with, reach out to them in whatever fashion you’re used to. As always, you can reach out to email@example.com for any question or concern as well.
Who should checks be made payable to?
Checks should be made payable to Perfect Game.
Mail: 850 Twixt Town Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Please make sure to include the Event ID and Team Name. The Event ID is the last 5 digits of the URL from the event’s page. Event ID’s differ by age division, ensure that you are in the correct divison under the event title before pulling the Event ID. See example below.